Community Digest

Top new questions this week:

Just lost my job in France with a "salarie en mission" visa

So I was brought over from Canada for a job in Annecy, France. The employment contract that I have is with a french company. I have a residency permit with a "salarie en mission" type visa. This type ...

asked by Ardi Sardashti 3 votes
answered by Relaxed 1 vote

What do I do if my Recepisse is about to expire and I still haven't recieved my carte de sejour?

My récipissé is about to expire in 2 weeks but I still haven't received my carte de séjour. Is there any way to check the status online? I applied from Paris (Cité) and I haven't had any response. Or ...

visa resident-permit france  
asked by user1814061 2 votes
answered by Relaxed 0 votes

Niederlassungserlaubnis validity on staying abroad longer than 6 months in a year

I have a niederlassungserlaubnis (permament residency) in Germany. As I like travelling. I go abroad a lot for vacation purposes. I know that staying abroad for more than 6 month in a row, makes your ...

germany residency  
asked by CuriousTraveller 2 votes
answered by jason.kaisersmith 1 vote

Greatest hits from previous weeks:

Spouse visa with long stay student residence permit in France

Does a VLS/TS long stay residence permit issued for a student (not research scholar), grant rights to bring his/her partner into France? If so, is the partner allowed to work? Please mention if this ...

france resident-permit student-visa schengen students  
asked by toing_toing 4 votes

Does an Australia ETA (subclass 601) or eVisitor (subclass 651) visa ever have a no further stay condition?

We are planning to return to Australia and I was wondering if the ETA (subclass 601) or eVisitor (subclass 651) can have the "no further stay" condition attached (as could be the case with Work & ...

visa working-visas australia  
asked by Chris 3 votes

Format of settlement statement - NSNP

I am applying for Canada immigration under NOVA SCOTIA demand - express entry program. To seek a nomination from this province, I need to write the statement of intent in my application form. Do we ...

canada immigration  
asked by overexchange 2 votes
answered by mkennedy 3 votes

What are the advantages of having a biometric resident permit (BRP) rather than just a visa sticker on the passport?

I recently found out that in the UK, there is this card called the biometric resident permit (BRP), which I suppose functions like the visa sticker on the passport. Since I do not have a BRP, is it ...

united-kingdom resident-permit  
asked by adipro 6 votes
answered by oskarpearson 4 votes

Do Romanian citizens need a work permit for the UK?

As of 2015 January, do Romanian citizens need to apply for a work permit to be able to work in the UK? Note: I am aware that work permits were needed in the past, and this requirement was meant to be ...

united-kingdom romanian-citizens  
asked by Calu 3 votes
answered by JensenDrake44 7 votes

Experience Reference Letter for ACS Skill Assessment (for 189 type Visa)

I am planning to apply for Australian PR and the 1st step I got to do is "ACS Skill Assessment" by uploading my PASSPORT, DEGREE CERTIFICATE and WORK EXPERIENCE LETTER. My question is regarding Work ...

immigration australia skilled-migration  
asked by befocused47 9 votes
answered by Matas Vaitkevicius 5 votes

How to read I-797c form (notice of action for H1B)

I am an Indian citizen and currently a resident of France (on Scientific/D visa until 30/04/2015). A university in the USA that hired me as a faculty recently petitioned for an H1B for me. I received ...

usa h1-visa foreign-employment  
asked by dearN 2 votes
answered by Karlson 3 votes

Can you answer this question?

What is the time frame for moving to Aus after being approved for Visa 476 (skilled-recognised graduate visa)?

You have to apply for Visa 476 within 2 years of graduating from university but the processing times as shown on the website are: 75% of applications: 15 months 90% of applications: 17 months So ...

united-kingdom working-visas australia  
asked by FEA42 1 vote
You're receiving this message because you subscribed to the Expatriates community digest.
Unsubscribe from this community digest       Edit email settings       Leave feedback       Privacy
Stack Overflow

Stack Overflow, 110 William Street, 28th floor, New York, NY 10038