I am a Ukrainian citizen currently studying in Germany and I have my Aufenthaltstitel valid till October 2017. I am taking academic leave for pregnancy for couple of years starting from the next semester in April. However, I have an important journey planned in April to Spain, Germany and Netherlands and I need to use my Aufenthaltstitel for this journey, as the procedure of getting tourist visa in Ukraine is rather unreliable.

The question is: if I take my academic leave from the university, but I don't de-register from my German address and I continue to pay my student medical insurance, will I be able to travel in April with my aufenthaltstitel?

p.s. and will my Aufenthaltstitel will be valid till October if I de-register from the address?


closed as unclear what you're asking by Mark Mayo Aug 4 '17 at 8:11

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Will you be physically staying in Germany or in Ukraine during your pregnancy leave and maternity leave? – gerrit Jan 23 '17 at 11:25
  • 3
    I guess the more sure-fire way is certainly to go to your local Bürgeramt and ask them for clarification? – xji Jan 23 '17 at 22:56
  • OP has not returned to clarify. Putting on hold. – Mark Mayo Aug 4 '17 at 8:08