Is it necessary to get a loan only from a nationalised bank in order to secure a visa to Austria?

  • Why do you think you need a loan to get a visa? – Gagravarr Jan 25 '17 at 7:20
  • To show i have enough financing to complete my studies there – user375749 Jan 25 '17 at 7:27

OeAD, the Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research, describes

Proof of sufficient funds to finance your stay in Austria, e.g. savings or bank deposit, proof of purchase of traveller’s cheques, letter of guarantee of a person living in Austria or an institution domiciled in Austria.

If you need a loan, it would need to be done in advance, so that the entire amount appears in an bank account owned and/or available to you, and one which can be accessed from Austria. There is no separate requirement that a loan be secured from a nationalised bank, or other specific source.

You have to prove sufficient financial means to finance your stay: students up to 24 years of age have to prove that they have at least 491.43 euros per month ; students of 24 years of age or older have to prove that they have at least 889.84 euros per month [as of 2017] – these amounts have to be proved for a maximum of 12 months in advance.

If the costs for accommodation exceed 282,06 euros/month, you will have to prove additional funds.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.