I had to visit my mom and parents after 2 years in Canada and to my misfortune what was supposed to be a one month holiday got extended into 4 months due to my mom's health condition. I haven't completed my post secondary diploma due to several other reasons including this one as well. Theres only 15 days left in my visa and all I need is to grab my things I left there in Canada and return to my place and try to apply for extension from here. I have my flights booked from my hometown to Toronto and I am nervous whether I will be allowed to enter or not. Is it possible to apply for extension in the last 15 days in Canada? If I am allowed to enter in the first place that is.

  • Did you take official leave from your program? You may be out-of-status for not maintaining enrollment or not making progress in the program.
    – mkennedy
    Feb 9, 2017 at 21:55
  • No I did not. I just left the program without notifying the college. I have no purpose to extend the visa or stay in Canada. I just want to take my things I left there and return to my home(country).
    – Nits
    Feb 12, 2017 at 2:05
  • Maybe you could inform us as to what happened and enlighten the community Apr 19, 2017 at 19:08

1 Answer 1


Nothing related to obtaining a visa or granted entry is entirely safe. Unless you have other issues you haven't mentioned, have not already graduated, etc you will be allowed entry. Make sure you have all your documents in order to present at the airport if requested.


If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a student, you must apply before the expiry date on your study permit. Complete the Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada. You should apply for renewal at least 30 days before your current permit expires.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.