I want to get a job in Canada before I complete my studies. I am currently a student in a country not my own. I am interested in getting work experience after my graduation in September.

I know that I need a job offer, work permit, etc. to emigrate to Canada, but I don't know what should I do first.

Am I able to apply for employment before receiving my degree certification?


1 Answer 1


Simple answer, yes you can. You can apply for employment before receiving your degree certification however the under that scenario a company would have to hire you, then help you apply for a work permit as a Young Professional or International Co-op (Internship), or you apply for a working holiday permit (if you're between 18-35) etc.

Good luck hunting.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.