To explain the title: due to former political activity opposing the Erdogan administration, my Turkish citizenship has now been withdrawn. I was aware of the looming danger of this happening, for which reason I moved to Germany recently. Now I am faced with this situation:

  • I have a residence permit in Germany for about 3 years
  • I have no citizenship anywhere in the world
  • My passport has been declared invalid by the Turkish government
  • I might at some point get indicted for terrorism or something of that sort (my actual crime consists in signing a petition, mind you!)

Now here are my questions:

  • How does the state of Germany deal with this?
  • Where can I get information about my status? (Which government agency in Germany is responsible for me? Where can I inquire?)
  • What are my options to get a citizenship in Europe (or anywhere for that matter) or any secure title of residence?
  • Is it possible that I may get deported to Turkey in case of indictment?
  • Can I still safely use my "invalid" passport (my only real legal document with a valid EU visa of course) in Germany where necessary, for example registration at another place of residence? Would this be considered fraud?
  • To clarify the last question: will the Turkish administration pass the information about them invalidating my passport on to European officials and how will these react?

closed as too broad by Giorgio, ouflak, JonathanReez, Mark Mayo Jul 23 '17 at 9:43

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 9
    Whoa... my best advice is to engage a solicitor for advice, and not get it from random strangers on the Internet. You have too much at stake, and at risk, to do otherwise. – Giorgio Feb 10 '17 at 18:23
  • 2
    Has your Turkish citizenship actually been taken away, or was it just that your passport has been revoked? I did find news online about a decree in January that people who do not return within 3 months of an official call to return can have their citizenship stripped, but it doesn't seem like there's been enough time since then for that to happen. – user102008 Feb 10 '17 at 19:29
  • 3
    Regarding international travel if you are stateless, I believe Germany has a travel document for stateless people resident in Germany (Reiseausweis für Staatenlose) – user102008 Feb 10 '17 at 19:32
  • 3
    Further to @user102008's comment, I think you'll have to apply for political asylum to receive a travel document for stateless people, but I should think that if you already have a residence permit it might not be too hard to succeed in that application. As Dorothy notes, you'll definitely want to get professional legal advice. If you cannot afford a lawyer (or even if you can) you may want to look for a charitable organization in Germany to help: they may be able to help you find an appropriate lawyer, or even to offer direct legal assistance. – phoog Feb 10 '17 at 19:51
  • 1
    In my opinion your questions must be answered holistically, not piecemeal. There is some interrelation between them. For this reason I believe you should contact an attorney instead of soliciting opinions on an online forum where people will not have the full picture. All the best. – user 56513 Feb 13 '17 at 1:22