To explain the title: due to former political activity opposing the Erdogan administration, my Turkish citizenship has now been withdrawn. I was aware of the looming danger of this happening, for which reason I moved to Germany recently. Now I am faced with this situation:
- I have a residence permit in Germany for about 3 years
- I have no citizenship anywhere in the world
- My passport has been declared invalid by the Turkish government
- I might at some point get indicted for terrorism or something of that sort (my actual crime consists in signing a petition, mind you!)
Now here are my questions:
- How does the state of Germany deal with this?
- Where can I get information about my status? (Which government agency in Germany is responsible for me? Where can I inquire?)
- What are my options to get a citizenship in Europe (or anywhere for that matter) or any secure title of residence?
- Is it possible that I may get deported to Turkey in case of indictment?
- Can I still safely use my "invalid" passport (my only real legal document with a valid EU visa of course) in Germany where necessary, for example registration at another place of residence? Would this be considered fraud?
- To clarify the last question: will the Turkish administration pass the information about them invalidating my passport on to European officials and how will these react?