Do I need to show bank deposit to the visa-office if I have secured TA or RA as a PhD student (i.e. I have means to pay off my living cost) in a Canadian university?


Here's what Canada says:

  1. Proof of financial support

You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who accompany you while you are in Canada. You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:

  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution;
  • your bank statements for the past four months;
  • a bank draft in convertible currency;
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money;
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.

Edit: The list above had an 'and' in the next to last option. This is misleading as any or all of these options are acceptable. You could have a mix of cash, loan proceeds, scholarships, etc.

  • But, does this include TA/RA facility? – user11149 Feb 12 '17 at 23:06
  • Note the last bullet point. – mkennedy Feb 13 '17 at 3:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy