I have an EEA Family permit (EEA FP) until June 2017. I arrived in UK almost 3 weeks ago and I am searching for a job as Software Engineer. Five recruitment agencies called me but all asked me to be SC Cleared.

I want to ask if it is possible for me (Non European, married with an European and that lived 3 years and a half in Italy and worked in Italy) to obtain the SC Clearance, because I saw in internet that I cannot ask it for by myself, but a sponsor (an enterprise that is interested to hire me) has to ask it for me.

Do you know what can I do? Because all the recruitment agencies say that I need to be SC Cleared, but, how can I be SC cleared if I have lived in England only for 3 weeks and I don't have a enterprise that ask the SC Clearance for me?

Do you know if there is another document that can replace the SC clearance?

Do you know how can I convince an enterprise to ask for me the SC clearance?

Please help me. I don't know what to do!

Thank you so much!!!

  • 1
    Specific to your question, this site gives a good overview the types and process. Note that To gain (SC) clearance you will normally need to have been a UK resident for a minimum of 5 years, and will need to successfully complete all stages of the vetting process.... – Giorgio Feb 16 '17 at 21:25

You need to find a company who is willing to go for you through the hassle of getting you cleared. That usually means that you must be an extraordinary candidate, as simply put, there are a lot of great candidates out there who already underwent SC.

Your best solution, if you cannot find a company who wishes to sponsor you, is to seek a job as a developer in a field that doesn't require SC. And that would be a vast majority of them, as very few companies work with secret+ assets.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.