I am currently living and working in China as a practicum student under an X2 visa with UIBE. I am actually working for a company that has a relationship with the university, rather than actually enrolled there. I wasn't told I would be on a X2 visa before I moved here.

I am wondering if my visa is connected to the University, or my employer? Meaning if I quit the current job, can my employer cancel my visa? I am looking to switch employers but there might be a gap between one visa to the next, which is a big no no here.

closed as unclear what you're asking by ouflak, Giorgio, Mark Mayo Aug 6 '17 at 11:33

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    An X visa is a study visa, so it is not clear what you are working and how you intend to change jobs. As an expat in China, you require a release letter from your former employer in order to legally start a new job, are you aware of this? Ask your bosses who is formally your employer and how to proceed, I don't think we can know this. – mts Aug 5 '17 at 8:50
  • Putting on hold until OP returns to clarify. – Mark Mayo Aug 6 '17 at 11:33