I used to work in the UK under a Tier 2 visa, and my residence permit is valid until December 2017. I left my Job in October 2015 and left the country. Now I want to visit the UK as a tourist.

So, do I need a visit visa, or can I use the same residence permit which has validity till December 2017?

Also, I never received the notice of curtailment from the Home Office and I am not sure if my former employer ever reported my resignation to the Home Office. Will this cause any problem in the visa process?

1 Answer 1


Your intentions for entering the UK should (by law) always match your visa type. So you will need to apply for visitor's visa.

  • If you are coming to the UK from a country where you typically don't need a visa (e.g., the US), is it advisable to apply for a visa like you would if you had previously been refused entry?
    – StrongBad
    Commented Mar 15, 2017 at 16:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.