I have a UK Bio-metric Residence Permit & I will be out of the UK for one year.
Is it possible that I will lose my permit? My wife is a UK citizen.


It is possible. On returning, you will may to convince the border agent that you are returning permanently to your center of life, which is in the United Kingdom. Since you are within the 2 year limit, and depending on the reasons you were away for so long, it shouldn't be a problem as long as you are genuinely a returning resident.

| improve this answer | |
  • "will may to": should that have been "will need to"? – phoog Mar 17 '17 at 3:45

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.