I work and live in Germany.

I am receiving an offer from another employer in Germany.

I am an IT Specialist, and this offer is within IT Field.

However I don't hold a blue card, because I don't satisfy all requirements.

How should I change employers in this case? Is it just a matter of going to ausladerbehorde(Immigration Office) with a new working contract?

How can I start working while waiting for the approval? If this is even possible.

1 Answer 1


If your current visa is restricted to your current employer, you have to go to the immigration office and apply for a new visa. If your visa is not restricted, you can leave your current employer, according to the contract, and start working in the new company.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.