I am an Indian citizen came to America for visiting 2 months. I want to apply for UK student visa from America itself. Is it possible? or Do I have to apply only from India?

1 Answer 1


Unfortunately NO you cannot apply for a student visa from the USA where you are just a visitor.

Per Guidance ECB05: : Where to Apply

  1. Applications for visit visas and EEA family permits

You can make applications for a visit visa or EEA family permit in any visa application centre, British diplomatic mission or consular post overseas where entry clearance applications are accepted.

  1. Applications for other entry clearance

Applications for other types of entry clearance (except for Tier 5) should be made in your country of residence. If you have permission to stay in a country as a visitor for 6 months, for example, you are not a resident.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.