I am a non-EU citizen, now in Poland. I want to get a temporary packaging worker job in UK.

What is the first thing I need to do now?

As I understand:

(1) Find a tier-5 sponsor company .

(2) Get a job-offer from that company.

(2) Apply for tier-5 visa for UK.

Am I correct?

1 Answer 1


Your very question, asked at the same time on Quora, received this feedback from David Osofsky (Lives in the UK. Knows more than the average bear):

You have the order of events correct, but the problem is packaging workers are unlikely to be eligible for a Tier-2 visa. And there are no temporary work visas except for the Tier 5 visas, which are very specific, such as people under 30 from a small list of countries, entertainers, sportsmen, diplomats, or government exchange programmes.

The rules for Tier 2 jobs are that they must be a skilled graduate-level job that pays at least £30,000 or the salary required for the job category, whichever is higher. Also now, employers will have to pay £1,000 per year Skills Charge for each migrant they sponsor, which decreases the chances that the employer will sponsor someone from outside the EU rather than train a UK or EU citizen for the job.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.