I know that this maybe is not right website to ask this kind of question, but I couldn't find any better. Maybe if you know, you could recommend me?

So here is the situation.

My father is living in Germany for 6 years already, he has osteoporosis and he can lift heavy things and move things around the house, he was in the hospital for 7 months before 2 years. His wife left him before 3 months and we plan for me to come and live with him, so I can help him and also I would really love to move to Germany. He can provide me with everything that I need to live there (place to sleep, eat and so on...)

He didn't get citizenship yet. They extended his 'classic' visa two times for 3 years, and he expected citizenship and passport this year but he needs 2 more years of working experience to get it.

Now, I am 20 years old from Serbia. I have finished high school of electrotechnics where I graduated as Electronics Technician. I also have Start Deutsch certificate 1 from Goethe-Institute. And my wish is to find some job or ausbildung.

So if anyone can tell me what are my options to get Visa?

Thank you very much! Best Regards.


1 Answer 1


The obvious one would be Familienzusammenführung. If your father has a residency permit and a way to support you, that should be enough for you to get a residency permit (including working permit) as well.

While a lawyer might seem costly, it will save you a lot of time doing it right. If you have the money, it might be well worth it.

  • I am happy to hear that. He has resideny permit and he can support me. Thank you so much!
    – Filip
    Commented Apr 21, 2017 at 14:27

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.