I am Indian student planning to visit China for internship purpose. I was applying for Visa through a Visa agent in Chinese embassy in Delhi. I was just told by the agent that the embassy is demanding "Alien registration card". I don't exactly know what it means. For all the previous students who did internship in China from India this was not required. Can anyone shed some light on the query?

I am an Indian residing in India.

  • Are you residing in India at the moment? Or are you elsewhere applying via an agency? – Tom Apr 24 '17 at 8:03
  • I am an Indian citizen residing in India. – Shubham Ugare Apr 24 '17 at 9:24
  • 2
    Why are you using a visa agent? You should apply directly if possible, or find an agent who knows what he's doing. This one seems not to. – phoog Apr 25 '17 at 2:34

As far as I understand it,

  • If you are a non-Indian national residing in India and
  • You apply for a Chinese visa in India (not in your home country)

You need an "alien registration card" - presumably a kind of identity card issued by India to non-Indian nationals residing in India.

| improve this answer | |
  • 2
    The corollary to this is that Shubham Ugare should consider using a different agent; this one seems not to know what he is doing. – phoog Apr 25 '17 at 2:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy