I rent condo in Bangkok and pay electricity bills at the 7-11. I will be out of country for about 3 months and have been advised not to turn off service while I'm gone.

1 Answer 1


In fact, you have several options:

  1. Contact your landlord and ask them to pay the bills while you're absent. You probably meet them anyway because you'll be paying the rent in advance, correct?
  2. Find PEA office location in your area and negotiate this with them (more instructions here). I believe you are not the first one who temporarily leaves the country, and PEA knows how to handle this;
  3. Just delegate this to your friend or neighbor you trust to. A friend who visits your place once a week is also a good security measure, too.
  • Thank you so much. One other option, can I pay more than my current amount due at 7-11 (as I will receive receipt) if I cannot make it to PEA?
    – Caroline
    May 8, 2017 at 20:49
  • @Caroline, in theory, you can. Anecdotally, once I've lost a receipt stapled with the electricity bill, and my girlfriend went to 7-11 and paid it again thinking it wasn't paid yet. I didn't raise any dispute for it's only a couple hundred Baht, waited till the next month and, lo and behold, my next bill had an extra line "overpay nnn Baht" or so, with almost zero total due. Still, I suggest doing this in PEA office, however, to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
    – bytebuster
    May 8, 2017 at 21:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.