I want to do my german Steuererklärung from Argentina. I was living in Germany until September last year. First I had to give the addresse of a friend in Germany, because they have to send me a password, and then they tell me that I can't do this from a computer in another country. I am using the software ELSTER. Did someone tried? thanks

closed as off-topic by Giorgio, ouflak, Mark Mayo Aug 12 '17 at 1:39

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "This question does not appear to be about expatriates, within the scope defined in the help center." – ouflak, Mark Mayo
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Can you do this the old fashioned way, using physical paper forms? Otherwise, you might have to dig up a free German VPN. – ouflak May 10 '17 at 14:11
  • by normal Post, do you mean? Maybe is the best way... – user11740 May 10 '17 at 20:45
  • Yes, that's what I meant. – ouflak May 10 '17 at 21:16
  • This could have been posted on Personal Finance & Money (money.stackexchange.com/questions/ask), as far as I can see. – PJTraill Sep 18 '17 at 13:31