As I understand when one wants to get working permit in Hong Kong he must already have job proposal, as well as...
- Higher level educational background: a graduate degree and above would be preferable.
- Relevant experience that is deemed to be in short supply in Hong Kong.
- Reasonable salary level; a guide of US$40,000 per year is considered reasonable.
- How beneficial the individual is to Hong Kong’s economy, trade and industry.
- That a local or resident worker could not fill the position.
- How the expatriate can benefit the local workforce (e.g. training).
However I know that there are quite a few contractors in HK, so how do they manage to do that, or do they have all been in HK for 7 years and have permanent residence?
How does one set himself up as contractor in Hong Kong?