I am a Nigerian citizen and I came to France illegally. I was refused asylum. For five years now I have being renewing my one year card. I want to get the ten years card. The law said if you have stayed five years in France you can get the ten years resident card. What do I need to do to get the ten years card?


1 Answer 1


What you seem to have overlooked is that you must have resided in France legally.

The Service-Public.fr portal states that the card for résident de longue durée - UE can be issued to a foreigner who is not a national of a European country, provided that they are residing in France "legally and continuously for at least the past 5 years."

Only the authorities can determine whether you are now considered eligible, and you apply for the card with the prefecture or sub-prefecture of your residence, within 2 months before the expiry date of your current residence permit.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.