I would like some urgent advice. I recently submitted my PGWP application (on the 8th of May) to IRCC, I applied online. I am yet to hear back from them. However, I realized that I have made an error on my IMM5710E form. Instead of entering the Document Number for my study permit, I entered the document number for my TRV.

I do have a copy of my study permit attached to my application and both my UID and TRV Document Numbers are accurate (I triple checked), but I am concerned that because I entered the TRV document number instead of the Study Permit document number my application may be denied (or delayed).

This is in response to Question 4 (If possible, provide the document number of your most recent Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit or Temporary Resident Permit issued to you" of the section "COMING INTO CANADA" in the IMM5710 E form.

In your opinion, do you think I should reach out to CIC and petition them to update my application with the document number for the study permit? How would you suggest I do that? Or should I wait for them to respond?

Thank you


You have a few options here:

  • Call CIC and ask them what's the procedure to change that information (be very specific while doing this). They will send you instructions via email
  • Alternatively you can fill out this form and explain them inside, the mistake you did. (This one might take a little more time)

protected by Community Sep 4 at 14:33

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.