I have a Dutch driving license, and to get an Ontario, Canada license, I can go straight to the G2 road test. Among the requirements is that I need to complete and sign a “Declaration of Highway Driving Experience”, whece I indicate how much I have driven on highways with a speed limit of at least 80 km/h in the past three months. I have quite a bit of such experience, but not in the past three months. So, I will need to rent a car and drive around on highways, purely to meet this requirement. This leads me to the question:

In Ontario, Canada, exactly how much highway driving experience do I need to do the G2 test?

  • Have you asked them? Commented Apr 12, 2014 at 23:14
  • 1
    @GregHewgill No, I have not (yet). Should be a generic issue so perhaps someone knows already. If not, I can ask and post the answer here.
    – gerrit
    Commented Apr 12, 2014 at 23:16

1 Answer 1


I have asked a local driving school, and they report that "enough" should be 15 to 20 trips of at least 5 km each. Driving back and forth to a destination 5 km away counts as two trips.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.