Can my adult South African son join me here in UK. I am naturalised British Citizen of 5 years.


Unlikely. Your son only qualifies for a family visa based on his relationship to you if he is under 18 or in need of long-term care. From https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility:

Joining your parents

You must be under 18 and all of the following must apply:



Coming to be cared for - you’re an adult dependent relative

You must be dependent on a parent, grandchild, brother, sister, son or daughter who is living permanently in the UK.

You must prove that:

  • you need long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks because of illness, disability or your age


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.