I am a UK citizen by birth who has been living in Australia for the last 25 years. I now want to return to the UK with my Australian citizen partner of 20 years. Does anyone know the full process involved, type of visa required etc. I was initially advised they need to apply for a settlement visa which seems more geared for when the UK citizen is already in the UK. Any advice/help greatly appreciated.

closed as too broad by Mark Mayo Jul 25 '17 at 9:01

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 3
    It is indeed a settlement visa that is indicated in this case. It does not matter whether you are already in the UK or are returning with your partner. – phoog May 27 '17 at 1:08
  • The full process is documented in books, on many websites and with lawyers - it's not really something we can write in a couple of paragraphs. Putting on hold as too broad for now. – Mark Mayo Jul 25 '17 at 9:01

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.