It's come to my notice that getting a dependent visa for a parent of an EU citizen for the UK is very difficult. Does anyone have any knowledge in this matter? I am a Portuguese citizen and would like to get my mother(who is Indian) to come and live with me in the UK because she is a widow and I am the only child she has. Can anyone help me or point in towards the right direction please.

  • For permanent immigration, you should ask on Expatriates SE. – o.m. May 26 '17 at 18:57
  • In that case could anyone move the question there? – user59683 May 26 '17 at 20:41
  • Unfortunately there's no "quick-migrate" option to Expatriates.SE, since it's still in beta (and even if it wasn't, a "quick-migrate" option wouldn't be automatic.) A mod might be able to do it for you, but you're probably better off just re-posting the question over there yourself. – Michael Seifert May 26 '17 at 21:35