I'm a 15 year old who just finished his Segment One Course in Michigan. It says in order to apply for the Level One License, I need Proof of Residence, the problem is we don't live here anymore. I was born here and lived here for 8 years and we still own our house but I'm concerned I can't get my license simply because I don't live here? I have no plans driving overseas but just would like to drive everytime I'm back in the states. Is it possible for me to apply for a license?

closed as unclear what you're asking by ouflak, Scott Earle, Mark Mayo Jul 12 '17 at 3:39

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • When you're 18, you can apply for a license, without the graduated restrictions, but they'll still want 2 proofs of residency like utility bills or voter registration. – mkennedy Jun 29 '17 at 18:26

You have emigrated from the US. You are no longer eligible for a driving licence in the US. You can apply for a driving licence in whatever country you currently reside.

Beyond that, each US state has its own rules about foreign drivers (which you will be). In particular, Michigan says that you must carry your non-US license, and if your license is not written in English, an International Driving Permit (which is useful in many states and countries, not just Michigan).

See https://www.michigan.gov/documents/reciprocity_chart_20508_7.pdf

To more directly answer the question,

Is it possible for me to apply for a license?

Not legally, no.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.