I am an indonesian marrying a Mauritian. The marriage will take place in Mauritius. To obtain my residence permit, they are asking for:

Full Birth Certificate of applicant duly legalized/authenticated by competent authority/ bear the seal of "Apostille" of the Hague Convention of 5th October 1961 (where applicable).

Indonesia is not part of the Apostille Convention, I'm in Indonesia, how and where can I legalize my birth certificate by an authority ?


1 Answer 1


Documents from non-apostille countries are attested, or confirmed to be legal. In Indonesia, your birth certificate must be legalized by the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights and by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. A subsequent attestation or legalization may be required by Mauritius and, to be certain, you should check with the Mauritian Consulate in Jakarta.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.