We have a child born in UK. We have applied for her Tier 2 dependent visa and she has a valid Tier 2 dependent visa till end of July-2018.

Now we have our ILR but it takes few months to get my child citizenship. I wonder if can we use her Tier 2 dependent visa with our ILR to a two weeks holiday trip abroad?


  • Be prepared to be asked why you didn't apply for the child's ILR at the same time as yours and have your Tier 2 documentation with you when you return.
    – ouflak
    Jul 25, 2017 at 6:48

1 Answer 1


Yes you can. The visa is valid, and you can even extend it as long as you acquired ILR via the Tier 2 PBS route.

  • Tried to make this as wordy as I could. Not so easy with these straightforward answers....
    – ouflak
    Jul 25, 2017 at 10:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.