I have two visa right now one is Tier 2 from UK and other is blue card from Germany, I haven't been to Germany yet.

The problem is after joining in UK I am thinking that the job is not good fit for me and deciding to go to Germany. My UK visa is valid for three months. Do I need to face any trouble to go to Germany and what happens when I want to come and work in Uk in near future?

  • 1
    I have some trouble understanding how you ended up in this situation. The Tier 2 visa fees are not insignificant and getting these visas takes some time, did you apply for both at the same time, just in case? On what basis did you get your Blue Card? Do you still have a valid job offer? Have you kept your prospective employer on hold?
    – Gala
    Aug 4, 2017 at 11:35
  • I have exempt visa and yes I applied for both as its legal. The blue card is sponsored by the employer, its still not blue card yet because its just a 90days visa and when I will reach Germany I will get blue card. Yes I have valid job offer and they are not on hold just the joining date is after a week.
    – john doe
    Aug 4, 2017 at 11:45
  • 1
    @johndoe your exempt visa (which is not, I think, a tier 2 visa) will probably become invalid if you leave the job that qualified you for the exempt visa. You will need to get a visitor visa to visit the UK after you leave, or a new employer-sponsored visa if you want to return to the UK to take to a new job in the future. The exempt visa is based on your holding a qualifying job, so if you don't have such a job you should not try to use the exempt visa in any way.
    – phoog
    Aug 4, 2017 at 14:23
  • 1
    @johndoe I do not know whether you need to notify anyone, but your employer probably has to notify UK authorities. Even if they do not, consider what would happen if you use that visa to travel to the UK. You will be asked about the purpose of your trip or other circumstances, and those circumstances will not be consistent with an exempt visa. The exempt visa depends on your job. If you leave the job, you cannot use the visa, even if the visa has not been officially revoked. Imagine someone with a diplomatic visa who is no longer employed as a diplomat. It's the same thing.
    – phoog
    Aug 5, 2017 at 9:04
  • 2
    Did you ask the same question a few days ago? If so, better to add info to that in hopes of getting a response, rather than doing so as another user.
    – Giorgio
    Aug 5, 2017 at 22:29


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.