Dual citizen of Finland and Zambia currently residing in Zambia, planning to move to UK. I would like my partner, a Zambian citizen, along with our child, who is also dual citizen of Finland and Zambia, to accompany. Should my partner apply for EEA family permit or would a standard visitor visa be better in this case?

1 Answer 1


There's no good reason to apply for a visitor visa, and at least one good reason not to: a visitor's visa does not authorize the holder to move to the UK.

There are many good reasons to apply for the EEA family permit, however, including the fact that it is free of charge and the fact that it should be issued quickly.

Apply for the EEA family permit.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.