I am an EU citizen and I work for a U.S.-based company as a foreign contractor.

I am planning to go to the U.S. for a six-month project as a Visiting Scholar in a University. I would be on a J-Researcher visa and I would work there as an unpaid volunteer. This visa (as far as I understand) allows me to work only in that specific University program.

Can I keep my foreign contractor job with the other U.S. company, even if I am physically in the U.S. in that period without a U.S. work visa? My taxes would still be paid in my home country.

| improve this question | | | | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.