I applied for a blue card at the embassy of Germany in London. I got a visa for 6 months. The lady working there told me this is temporary and that when I arrive to Hamburg I can collect my blue card.
After arriving here, I sent an email to the local foreign office. They replied saying that I need to "apply" for it. And that I need to bring:
- Filled application form
- Biometric passport picture
- Rental agreement
- Confirmation of health insurance
- Salary slips you got in Germany until your appointment.
My questions are:
- Does this mean the decision has not been made yet?
- Can an Airbnb booking (for 3-6 months) be considered as a rental agreement?
- Can my wife apply for a worker's spouse visa (i.e. family reunion) while I am with this temporary working visa? (because the appointement for the blue card is after 2 months)
- Finally, my contract is for one year because I am working on a project. But the company told me they want to keep me after the project. Would a letter showing that the employer intends to employ me permanently extend the period of the blue card at this stage?