I'm an Israeli expat living in the Netherlands and am likely to start working for a US company (registered in the US and has no presence in the Netherlands nor in Israel). To make things even more complicated, during my first months of employment I may or may not move to Israel and then to the US.

Previously I've been employed in the Netherlands for a couple of years.

My questions are:

  • Which institutions of which states do I need to report to about being employed?
  • Which states would I pay which taxes / tax-like fees to? (personal revenue tax, national insurance / health insurance, other kinds of tax)


  • Eventually I will work as an employee. Initially I think I'll work as an employee but I'm not sure. You can make whichever assumption you like or discuss both options.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.