I found a job in the Netherlands and now my future employer needs to arrange a working visa for me.
I will relocate with my partner, and the visa for her has to be arranged by ourselves. She will not work for some time once we'll relocate.
Currently we are citizens of a non-EU country.
Recently my employer has contacted me and told me that I need to:
- Register as a non-resident in person in the Netherlands.
- After this, I'll get my BSN (social security number).
- With this BSN I should open my bank account in the Netherlands.
- And I also should provide my employer with the address in the Netherlands where I registered (I doubt I need to at this point).
The process looks a bit complicated and the employer doesn't answer very fast, so hopefully you can shed light and answer some of my questions.
- Am I understanding it right that at first I should register as a non-resident for my employer to apply for a visa for me and once I get my visa I'll register as a resident (I won't live in the Netherlands/EU while visa is getting arranged)?
- Should I register at the city hall (such as Amsterdam City Hall)/local city office or just visit a local tax office (in Amsterdam or any other Dutch city)? My thought is that I can use a local tax office to get my BSN, since at first I register as a non-resident. Should I choose a city other than Amsterdam to speed up the process?
- If I register as a non-resident, can I do it without an address in the Netherlands? I want to find an accommodation once my working visa is issued, not before.
- I was told I will get my bank account instantly. But how long getting a BSN will take? Will I manage to get a BSN in 1-2 days? Or I will need to wait for 1 week? Or if I apply at the local tax office, even in Amsterdam, will it be fast?
- Since I will relocate with my partner and we have to arrange the visa for her ourselves, should I travel this time with her to get BSN and bank account for her also? Or this is not necessary and she won't need all of this until I get my own visa?
- What is the perfect time to apply for a visa for my partner? Once my visa is issued or before?