I'm an extended family member of an EEA National (British citizen living in the UK) and I'm from Pakistan. I want to apply for a Residence Card as an extended family member of an EEA National living in the UK, but I can't find an online link to do it.

The official website gov.uk takes you to the online application for a PERMANENT Residence Card, instead of a Residence Card, which comes after the Permanent Residence Card.

I've found forms for my kind of application, but I'm unable to find a way to apply online while even the links in the forms [PDF] say there's a way to apply online.

Please can you tell me where can I apply online? As filling in forms on paper is difficult and time taking and also prone to errors if nothing else.


You can only apply online in connection with your EEA family member's application for a permanent residence document:

4. Apply

The qualified person can include you if they apply online for permanent residence.

Otherwise, you must download and fill in either the:

Find out which application form you should use.

Post it to the Home Office, using the address on the form. Include the fee and supporting documents listed on the form.


It costs £65 for each person to apply.

  • So you are saying the online application is ONLY for permanent residence? And NOT for "simpler or first" residence card and an applicant can ONLY apply via form via post? – Saif Ali Oct 3 '17 at 18:02
  • Also this "The qualified person can include you if they apply online for permanent residence." doesn't apply to me because my sponsor/family is already a citizen of UK for over 30-35 years. – Saif Ali Oct 3 '17 at 18:06
  • @SaifAli (1) Does your family member qualify under the Surinder Singh route? Otherwise, you cannot immigrate under the EEA regulations. (2) if your family member does qualify under Surinder Singh then you must apply by post because, as you note, the online permanent residence application is inapplicable. – phoog Oct 3 '17 at 18:12
  • no the family member neither my/our case qualify under the Suriner Singh route. I'm applying as an extended-family member of an EEA National (UK citizen) residing in the UK and is exercising his Free Movement Treaty rights. "you cannot immigrate under the EEA regulations"? Am I missing something? I wanted to apply via EEA Family Permit but since I'll have a 2 year general visitor visa and the EEA Family Permit is just used to enter the UK and then you've to apply for a Residence Card again if you are an extended family member to stay for more than 6 months. – Saif Ali Oct 3 '17 at 18:23
  • But as I can already enter the UK legally and the law allows me to change my visa/immigration status I believe I can do this. Right? Or am I missing something? – Saif Ali Oct 3 '17 at 18:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.