I worked as a volunteer in Fiji Islands from 2012 to 2016. I flew back to Los Angeles on June 15, 2016 from Nadi, Fiji Islands with Fiji Airways. I did not go back to Fiji. I did not keep my boarding pass nor was my passport stamped on arrival by DHS in Los Angeles.

I applied for my Medicare coverage and the late enrollment penalty can be waived if I produce a government-issued document that confirms I returned on June 15th, 2016. I will appreciate if you suggest where I can get some document confirming that I arrived back in the USA on June 15, 2016.

  • 2
    If you are not a US citizen or permanent resident, you can look up your travel records at i94.cbp.dhs.gov.
    – phoog
    Commented Oct 31, 2017 at 19:39

2 Answers 2


You can submit a Freedom of Information Act request with Customs and Border Protection for your arrival/departure records. That's likely to show your entry in 2016, though it could take quite some time to receive a response.

You might also ask whether they'll accept secondary forms of evidence. Perhaps you could supply a copy of your plane tickets and credit card/bank statements that show you making charges in Fiji before that date and in the United States after that date.


The airline will still have a record of your flight.
You can ask them to get a print out, or even get it online.

  • To expand on that, the 6 letter boarding code is discarded shortly after your flight, but the ticket number is kept for quite a while longer (years?). The ticket number might show up on your receipt. This is what you can use to retrieve a travel doc from the airline.
    – nathancahill
    Commented Nov 1, 2017 at 4:32

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.