My previous H1B visa stamp is still valid but I applied for renewal in China recently. Unfortunately my application needs administrative processing, which may take a few weeks.

So I borrowed my passport and promised to return it once the AP is cleared. But I found there is no "cancelled" mark on my previous H1B visa stamp.

So I am wondering whether I can use my previous visa to enter the US. I will get back to China to paste my new visa stamp once it is issued.

I am also wondering what the consequence would be if I was denied entry to the US.

  • 2
    Did you try asking the embassy about this? – phoog Nov 3 '17 at 22:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.