I am a non-EU citizen currently living in Berlin on a post-studies 18 month job search visa, and looking into options to get a residence/work permit. I have the option to work remotely for a non-EU company based in Ecuador, and it is possible that they would like like to establish a presence in German

After reading a few related posts on this site, the most relevant one i could find was this: Residence/work permit in Germany when working remotely for US company without German subsidiary

I am currently in the talks with the Berlin Partners, on options for me to register here as a "temporary representative" of my company, and they have recommended that I speak to a lawyer (which i will). In the meantime, I would greatly appreciate any insights on what this application process would entail (for me, for the company) e.g. what documents are required (apart from a letter of authorisation and my contract), whether the company needs to pay any additional fees or charges apart from my social security and taxes), any recommendations of english-speaking law firms in berlin etc.

Any other recommendations on my situation would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.