During the 60 day period following termination of employment, is it possible to re-enter the USA if a person shows either their valid visa stamp OR their valid visa stamp and I-797 transfer approval notice at the border?

1 Answer 1


You cannot enter in H-1B status during your 60-day grace period because the grace period expires along with your nonimmigrant status as soon as you leave the US.

If you have an approved petition to begin work for another employer, you can enter as many as ten days before the beginning of the petition's period of validity or ten days after the end of its validity under 8 CFR 214.1(l)(1).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.