I'm with a special situation as I came to Belgium with a tourist visa to then here apply for a Work Permit type B, but my employer didn't go through with the demand and now I have +/- 2 weeks left with a possibility to get a new employer, but I would need to extend my visa as the permit process takes time.

I'd like to know how and where can I apply for a new tourist visa please?

1 Answer 1


Normally you must apply for a tourist visa from your place of residence, outside the Schengen area. There are some cases when you can apply for a work visa from within Belgium. Do any of these apply to you? It also differs for employees and self-employed workers, you mentioned that you plan to become an employee.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.