I am in the process of obtaining an F1 student visa for the US. Here is my situation:
- I submitted my DS160 (On 23 November 2017)
- Scheduled an appointment (For 20 December 2017)
- Payed the SEVIS fee for Univ-1
After contemplating, I decided to choose a different university Univ-2 over Univ-1. So how should I handle this in terms of visa? I see it as two processes:
- Amending my application to have new university details and update/re-schedule my appointment.
- Pay a new SEVIS fee for Univ-2
Can someone help me with process for the above mentioned? Also, a few more questions:
- Should I do anything additional to have my SEVIS records deleted for Univ-1?
- What should I do with the I20 of the University that I'm not attending?
Any help is highly appreciated. I don't want to take shortcuts, and would prefer an officially approved process to do this.