My kids were born in Germany. I'm a U.S. citizen. I'm trying to figure out how we get them a SSN and/or get them first a US passport. I can't apply for Birth of a U.S. Citizen Abroad because we are in Texas. I really don't now what to do.

  • 4
    Do your kids have German birth certificates showing that you are their parent? If so, I think you should be able to apply for passports without the CRBA by presenting secondary evidence of citizenship. How did your kids get into the US without US passports? – phoog Dec 14 '17 at 16:34
  • 3
    First of all, do you know if your kids are US citizens? To determine that, were you a US citizen when they were born? Was the other parent a US citizen when they were born? How long were you physically present in the US before their birth, and at what age? – user102008 Dec 14 '17 at 19:11
  • 2
    Please edit the answers to the above questions into your question. – user6860 Dec 15 '17 at 14:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.