I am a former resident of Sweden, but not a citizen there. When I moved abroad, I informed the Swedish tax authorities of my new address. How do I inform the tax authorities of moving from one foreign address to another one? Neither of two possible forms apply:

I used SKV 7842, but it seems not to have worked as I did not receive any confirmation. How do I correctly inform Swedish tax authorities of a new address while living abroad?

  • (I have asked the same question to Skatteverket directly. If I get a useful answer, I will post it here.) – gerrit May 14 '14 at 17:30
  • 1
    Probably a very stupid question, but if you are neither a Swedish citizen, not resident in Sweden, would the Swedish tax authorities even care about you? – Mr Lister May 14 '14 at 17:40
  • 1
    @MrLister I had an income in Sweden Jan-Feb 2014, so I suppose that I should file 2014 taxes some time early 2015. Secondly, the Swedish tax authority doubles as a central registry for addresses from which services such as pension funds but also banks obtain peoples' addresses directly. – gerrit May 14 '14 at 19:12

Maybe not an exact match but the most reasonable form seems to be:

This form seems to be intended primarily for Swedish citizens but it is directly applicable to changing foreign addresses.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.