I'm married to a Spanish national in Ireland, where I have the Treaty Rights card. I've recently got a UK tourist visa, which is still valid for 4 months.

Since we are planning to move to the UK next year (January/February), I'm wondering if I could still apply for the NiN while in the UK on my tourist visa or do I absolutely need the EEA family permit visa prior to that?

  • You don't need the EEA family permit for much of anything, but I think you do need to be resident in the UK before you can apply for the NIN. So if you apply during a visit you should be refused. (If you're going to the UK with your spouse and your residence card, you also don't need a tourist visa.) – phoog Dec 29 '17 at 17:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.