I have been residing in Austria for 6 years. I also have a long-term EU residence permit. I have mental sickness and I have a certificate from the public health doctor that I can't learn German. Is that paper eligible also for the language requirements for citizenship?

  • Why was this downvoted? The question is perfectly clear and reasonable.
    – phoog
    Jan 8, 2018 at 14:37
  • This page says there are exceptions for mental conditions, especially speech and hearing impairments. I'd suggest you fill in the contact form there and ask about your specific case.
    – Rup
    Jan 12, 2018 at 13:52


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.