Information from Canadian expat residents of Spain appreciated.

  • 3
    To answer the question in the title: yes. You'll need a residence permit. – phoog Jan 18 '18 at 7:06
  • A residence permit from Spain, or a residence permit from the "EU" organization? Thanks. – LCFoodExperts Jan 19 '18 at 19:20
  • 2
    The EU does not issue residence permits; each member state issues them. So you will need a residence permit issued by Spain. You ought to be able to find some relevant information at the Spanish consulate nearest you. – phoog Jan 19 '18 at 23:47

Only Schengen visas and long-term residency are EU regulated, but in both cases the decision lies with the member states.

The only exception is the EU blue card which requires a work contract and relevant degrees.

Spain does have retirement visas but it is possible that they prefer to promote their golden visa schemes instead.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.