Basically I have got foreign car UK Driving License. Can I enter UK two times in 12 months. I mean like I enter country and I stay here for couple months and I leave and come back again. Example - I have stayed here 4 months, then I have decided to leave and come back again and stay 6 months. Is it allowed to do like that with foreign car If I have got insurance and all documents from foreign country?


You may only use a foreign registered car in the UK for up to 6 months in any 12 month period so it depends how long you will be living outside the UK. https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk/temporary-imports

  • Depending on how they count, and on how much time elapses between the visits, it might be okay. – phoog Jan 20 '18 at 17:49
  • @phoog good point, the question didn't specify how long they were going to be away. I'll edit the answer. Also, I have reason to believe enforcement is nonexistent. – user16259 Jan 20 '18 at 19:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.