I will be entering the US on a J-1 Visa on April 1st. My wife will not join me until July 1st. Can she continue to work in her home country up until July 1st?

migrated from travel.stackexchange.com Jan 23 '18 at 3:07

This question came from our site for road warriors and seasoned travelers.

  • 8
    She can do what she wants in her home country – BritishSam Jan 22 '18 at 15:57

She is only in J-2 status when she is in the US. When she is outside the US, she doesn't have a US status and she is not subject to any US regulations about what she can do in J-2 status.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy