A friend of mine wants to work in France as a physiotherapist. She is a citizen of Hungary and she is currently working as a physiotherapist. She has a bachelor degree in a related field.

With these conditions, to be allowed to work as a physiotherapist in France,

  • what documents should she prepare?

  • and what permissions from which institutions should she obtain to allow her to work in France in this particular field?

1 Answer 1


As a citizen from a member of the European Union, there are no particular problems to work in France.


The French title for physiotherapist is kinésithérapeute. To work as a kinésithérapeute in France, you need an official diploma. If you are from another country, you need to check whether the diploma obtained is recognized as equivalent in France.

This document http://www.ordremk.fr/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Guide_CNOMK.pdf seems to mention that the Hungarian three-year diploma is considered equivalent to the French one:

La validation des diplômes délivrés par les 4 universités hongroises correspondent bien au diplôme français. Ces facultés de médecine sont situées à Budapest, Szeged, Pécs, Debrecen.

I would consider soliciting the French embassy in Hungary to check the diploma equivalence.

Notice that the candidate must also be able to speak/write French sufficiently to deal with customers and administration.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.