If I want to work in Austria, do I have the same rights as EU citizens if I have an Italian long-term resident card?

1 Answer 1


You do not have the same rights as EU citizens, but you do have a right to move to most other EU countries under certain conditions (excluding the UK, Ireland, and Denmark, so including Austria). This is laid out in directive 2003/109/EC. In Particular, it is covered in Chapter III, which contains articles 14 through 23.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.